Punch in and out.

T1ny

Got my new computer home yesterday and everything is setup. This is the first time I'm recording from my Delta66 instead of the MR8.

I used the punchin/out feature to fix a flat note on a vocal track and everything worked correctly, mixed the song down etc.

6 hours later I came back down and opened the song and that section has disapeared! The "vocals_take13l.wav" file is on the drive and I can listen to it using winamp but NT just shows a blank space there....

Any ideas? It's thankfully a short 3 min song and I could re-track the vocals if I had too but <sigh>

Hmmm, that's odd.
I'm sure it's something simple, but what it is I don't know.
I don't normally use the punch-in feature, I just record the sections to a new track and use volume envelopes to bring the corrected part/parts in and the bad parts out. Then I'll send those tracks to a group channel for mixing.
You may want to post over at the FASoft Forum and see if any of the other guys over there can add some insight to your punch-in being MIA in n-Track. Obviously it's still there, as you can play the wave file in WinAmp.
Why and where it's hiding in n-Track is the question. :confused:

Did you remember to save the project before closing n-Track down? Probably not... - a glitch may have disturbed n-Track while saving...

The thing to do now is to simply import the missing wave file into the n-Track project and realign it to fit the timing - easy as pie once you've done it a few times...

regards, Nils

Thanks for the tips. I /think/ I saved but I wouldn't want to say 100% now that you've asked. I will just import and align it today.

crankz: I'm going to try your method next time, just as soon as I'm finished reading more of the ntrack manual for group channels. :)

Back