Psychosi Original , Partly mixed with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm Headphones for the first time

ehgore1978

Most of the mix up to vocals going on last where mixed with the beyedynamic while cross referencing with krk 6 Rokits. The room isnt properly set up for mixing so tried a heaphone mix or partly

Again ... full bore limiting - which - though appropriate for this genre, isn't done in such a way as to allow for depth of sound. Everything comes off a bit 2 dimensional. Limiting properly is a true art form, but it has to have depth in the first place. My guess is the individual tracks are fairly heavily compressed, and then the two buss is further compressed.

If you want to get a sense of what compression can do to sound, hold your nose and sing. It does that.

Everything gets a bit mid-rangy as the dominant frequencies condense.

Nothing sticks out on my monitors as being too much or not enough. Vocal is sitting appropriately. Your headphone mix seems good

Again ... full bore limiting - which - though appropriate for this genre, isn't done in such a way as to allow for depth of sound. Everything comes off a bit 2 dimensional. Limiting properly is a true art form, but it has to have depth in the first place. My guess is the individual tracks are fairly heavily compressed, and then the two buss is further compressed.

If you want to get a sense of what compression can do to sound, hold your nose and sing. It does that.

Everything gets a bit mid-rangy as the dominant frequencies condense.
thanks for the reply. I mastered using Ozone 10 actually backed the limiter off where it wasnt really touching. The waves arent flat lining but yeah comp on bass n vocals. Vocals with Nectar and l2 as its hard to get him to sing the same volume in parts

Back