Psychology?

Derek Verner

Am I the only one who sees LTU/ Reel Person as a classic example of of a manic-depressive or as the latest PC-would have it- a -bipolar personality? He helps a great deal with his experience with every piece of crap Tascam ever built (he owns them all) but he goes beserk when anyone challanges his "expert" opinion.

This post would be more appropriate in The Cave.

Dave is not actuallly a person but an AI bot programmed by Tascam. That is half the joke in his name "Reel Person". It's even funnier that the bot has a 'real name' of Dave because that was the name of the main human in 2001 A Space Odyssey.

If you really want to piss him off misquote the lyrics to 'Daisy'.

Derek Verner said:
Am I the only one who sees LTU/ Reel Person as a classic example of of a manic-depressive or as the latest PC-would have it- a -bipolar personality? He helps a great deal with his experience with every piece of crap Tascam ever built (he owns them all) but he goes beserk when anyone challanges his "expert" opinion.
How does that make you feel?

Piece of crap Tascam? Those are fighting words!

Anyway, I've made it clear already, that I don't give a flying leap about what people may think of me on this bbs, much less you, DV.

I don't care about post count, I don't care about reputation, and if you say something stupid, I'll be likely pop right off at you & snap your head off! Sometimes your noodlebrained nonsense posts deserve that, other times deserve just to be ignored.

I haven't decide yet about this thread.

[I like that, -Tascam-programmed-bot!];)

Derek Verner said:

Nahh man, ReelPerson,AKA DAVEMANIA,is good people!!
His devotion to all things ANALOG is especially passionate.

I have been blessed to recieve and audience his musical creations
and have found his talent along with his productions to be solid and on point rivaling anything done by others in the digital world!

I gotta' a whole lotta' luv & respect for ReelPerson!!!:cool:

Derek Verner said:
That is all true, I never said otherwise.It's just that he tends to go wild now and then for no apparent reason.

That's why sometimes I refer to him as "DAVEMANIAC" !! :p

Hey, I don't know what you call normal, but I'm just a normal guy.

I'm not above blowing a fuse on some issue or another, once in a while. Sometimes it's a misunderstanding, other times not, and I just find you a pest. Whatever the case, you be the judge. I'm not here to argue with anybody.

I'm just here having fun, being myself, and posting on topics I find interesting. For however valuable or trashy my comments are, that is for the reader to decide. If my rap is not your bag, then feel free to shine me on. But, if you get in my crosshairs on issues, or worse, on nit-picky-bullshit, then I'd just as soon blast you, as blow you off.

Don't act a fool, and you don't have anything to worry about.;)

If anyone else wants my reactionary opinion on things, just step right up!

I'm going to email Tascam tech support because the bot seems to have become self aware. That could have grave consequences for all of mankind. :(

Re: Hey, I don't know what you call normal, but I'm just a normal guy.

A Reel Person said:
I'm not above blowing a fuse on some issue or another, once in a while. Sometimes it's a misunderstanding, other times not, and I just find you a pest. Whatever the case, you be the judge. I'm not here to argue with anybody.

I'm just here having fun, being myself, and posting on topics I find interesting. For however valuable or trashy my comments are, that is for the reader to decide. If my rap is not your bag, then feel free to shine me on. But, if you get in my crosshairs on issues, or worse, on nit-picky-bullshit, then I'd just as soon blast you, as blow you off.

Don't act a fool, and you don't have anything to worry about.;)

If anyone else wants my reactionary opinion on things, just step right up!

How come that doesn't work both ways?

The Pest.

I thought all musicians or recordists type were bipolar???

Is this incorrect? Im sorry......so bite me~ ;) ;(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SoMm

TexRoadkill said:
I'm going to email Tascam tech support because the bot seems to have become self aware. That could have grave consequences for all of mankind. :(

Try the Daisy thing. Let's see what happens.

Back