Proving death metal drummers can do more than 400 mph blasts and d/bass

yeah Derick Roddy is one of the best drummers in the world and well rounded out...he doesnt get alota credit because he was in a death metal band.

I know he's good, and I'm only at the 2:00 mark and I'm mostly just annoyed. Ok, it starts getting interesting at about 2:15. Ok, at 3:30, I'm don watching.

Like I said, I know he's good, but from the little bit that I watched this solo doesn't show anything (to me anyway).

These guys are ok, but where are the tasty chops? Vinnie Colaiuta and Steve Gadd could wipe the floor with 'em...

breeeeza said:

Yeah, don't even bother dude. It doesn't matter what these guys play or how talented they may be, someone is always going to say it's nothing compared to "so and so" who played with "so and so" 30 years ago.

If Buddy Rich played some of the stuff in that Derek Roddy video, somebody would say it was the baddest shit ever. :rolleyes:

metalhead28 said:
Yeah, don't even bother dude. It doesn't matter what these guys play or how talented they may be, someone is always going to say it's nothing compared to "so and so" who played with "so and so" 30 years ago.

If Buddy Rich played some of the stuff in that Derek Roddy video, somebody would say it was the baddest shit ever. :rolleyes:
When it comes to drumming...I'm the baddest shit ever.... :p

Derek Roddy kinda rules, but that sort of thing hurts my brain after a while -- if only because it's unattainable for me. Plus the sound sucks. You'd think they could use something other than the built-in mic on the camera or whatever that is. He's got amazing footwork. I'm not sure where I saw it (probably on YouTube) but there's a great video of him doing some awesome hi-hat/kick foot stuff.
Now this guy, on the other hand, kicks ass.
Oh, wait, there's the foot stuff (I'm typing as I watch -- at 2:30 right now).
Kay, done. That was cool, but too long.

Elton Bear said:
These guys are ok, but where are the tasty chops? Vinnie Colaiuta and Steve Gadd could wipe the floor with 'em...
But then someone could ask why steve gadd cant do 280 bpm bass drum and blast beats like Derek Roddy. :rolleyes: Just differnt drummers. Obviously Steve Gadd is amazing just usually when someone heres a death metal drummer they dismiss his talent and start saying "all they can do is speed" when obviously thats bullshit.

Back