Proud owner of..

deadroom

a brand new Digidesign 003 Rack and a Focusrite ISA 828!

I've been set back by about 2 hours until I found out that the version of pro tools it came with was not compatible with leopard on my new iMac...
So hopefully in the next few hours when pro tools 8 is done downloading I can try these bad boys out!

Grats! I hope you get some good results out of it. What exactly are you using it for? (Yes, I know recording. More specific than that XD)

Hey thanks for the kindness first and foremost,

I am going to be using the focusrite preamps on my kick,snare and overheads and the 003 pres on my toms and hi hat...just to start out with and see what happens. I might switch it up if i dont like the sound...

I mainly record a lot of (pop)punk, hardcore, metal, rock, indie...etc...

I bought the focusrite because i wanted some clarity in my recordings and i had heard and seen and read alot of good things from it.

I was a little decieved though because i was under the impression that I could use all 8 pres from the focusrite in addition with the 4 pres from the 003, however that is not the case apparently. According to some of the ppl on the digi forum i would have to purchase the optional a/d card in order to have more than 8 pre's to work with on my current set up.

Hey thanks for the kindness first and foremost,

I am going to be using the focusrite preamps on my kick,snare and overheads and the 003 pres on my toms and hi hat...just to start out with and see what happens. I might switch it up if i dont like the sound...

I mainly record a lot of (pop)punk, hardcore, metal, rock, indie...etc...

I bought the focusrite because i wanted some clarity in my recordings and i had heard and seen and read alot of good things from it.

I was a little decieved though because i was under the impression that I could use all 8 pres from the focusrite in addition with the 4 pres from the 003, however that is not the case apparently. According to some of the ppl on the digi forum i would have to purchase the optional a/d card in order to have more than 8 pre's to work with on my current set up.

You can buy a seperate addat..I had a behringer ada8000 hooked to my 003r and it gave me 16 i/o....12 pre's (8 off the behringer)

If i buy this adat would i be able to use all 8 pres on my focusrite AND use the pres on the 003?
Thats really what im trying to accomplish.

I appreciate all of the help from you guys by the way...
I know my questions can be redundant.

why not hook all 8 pres from your focusrite to the 8 003 analog ins then use the behringer 8 ins to go through digital?

I actually don't have that behringer piece that he mentioned...

On the 003, only 4 of the 8 inputs are just line inputs, the other 4 are connected to the 003 pres that can't be bypassed.

So as of now im restricted to 8 apparently unless I buy that adat card....then i'll have 16. 8 focusrite, 4 003 pres and 4 line inputs.

Back