Protools/MBox2 input problem

Mo-Kay

Dragon Soul Productions
Hi all,

I've recently started to use my mbox2 after a lot of hassle to obtain the update to 7.0....

So all happy, I kick up protools, do some stuff, and....

there seems to be a problem with my input channels.

First it was just input 1, now it's both.

Wether I have a source attached to the input or nog, there seems to be a continues noise on the inputs.

It shows up as a thick line in a recorded track, too.

It's not there on the spdifs, it's not due to the mic preamps, (the little self noise they have shows up when I analyse the sound with Inspector, and doesn't show when the preamps are set to DI).

Now, I've tried pluging the damn thing into my mother's PC instead of my G5 Imac...and nothing is any different.

I've included a screenshot to let you see what I mean.

Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this? is my mbox broken..or? Cause I don't really get at what point in the signal flow this problem occurs.

:( this is really killing my creativity, not to mention my productivity..so if anyone can help me out..please do so.

CLICK HERE FOR SCREENSHOT

thanks in advance

Mo-Kay

ur using serial numbers for softwares eh u mother fuckin pirate

who the fuck dropped this with a bad rep attached to it?

get a fucking life...I pay for my software, and have HARDWARE problems.

Grow a fucking brain. Moron.

sounds like it may have been the update. was your m-box working before the update to 7.0? If so it may be a driver issue, and you just have to go to digidesign's site and find the correct driver. but if it wasn't working before, it may be a hardware issue.

Back