ProTools (free) and ICQ don't mix!

BigKahuna

If I have ICQ open and try to record a track in PT ... my computer restarts ... no blue screen, no nothin!!
weird ...
ok ... the easy answer ... don't run both at the same time, dummy!
... the real easy answer ... what are you using ICQ for?!? ...
yeah ok ...
not a big problem, but I thought it was weird how I get no errors, just a abnormal restart ... as soon as I hit record.
This new computer has been rock-solid other than this freaky error.

First off... you shouldn't have ICQ or any other similar program running when recording anyway. And second it's FREE, what did you expect??? I had the same problem so I removed it, and got Cubase vst 32 5.0.

If I download something like Protools free, I expect a limited version that is cool enough to make me want to upgrade to the full deal. I hear from a lot of threads that the free version is buggy - not what I need to hear to make me go out and spend much $$$$ on the real thing.

Free ProTools is like a nasty bitch girlfriend. She's very unforgiving. If you're computer isn't completely focused on her at all times, she'll make you pay. And she gets mad for no reason at all all the time.

well said JForgaty, very well said.

But I must say, remove the nasty and the bitch, and you have a more accurate picture.

So it should read :

Free ProTools is like a girlfriend. She's very unforgiving. If you're computer isn't completely focused on her at all times, she'll make you pay. And she gets mad for no reason at all all the time.

: )

Back