Proteus not playing from MIDI keyboard

sathyan

Soundcard is Emu 0404 USB
Midi keyboard is Yamaha PSR225
OS is Windows XP SP2

MIDI input set to: EMU 0404 | USB
Audio set to: ASIO EMO 0404 | USB

If I press a key on my MIDI keyboard I don't hear anything but if I click on the Proteus keyboard (F9) I can hear sounds. However, Score Writer can record from the same MIDI keyboard. Any idea what is going on?

It's not clear how you've got things set up, but my guess is that the problem lies in the selection of your input device.

Soundcard is Emu 0404 USB
Midi keyboard is Yamaha PSR225
OS is Windows XP SP2

MIDI input set to: EMU 0404 | USB
Audio set to: ASIO EMO 0404 | USB

If I press a key on my MIDI keyboard I don't hear anything but if I click on the Proteus keyboard (F9) I can hear sounds. However, Score Writer can record from the same MIDI keyboard. Any idea what is going on?
Hi Guy, SAME THING happened to me & it pissed me off. My Proteus X pgm would CRASH.
I read, this week, that those free pgms and others they EMU, sold required an EMU controller !!! $129 @ AMAZON.COM
That's Bull-I own a midi keyboard. Hence, I read, everyone can use their OWN midi controller w/ EMULLATOR X3 !!! No donglers w that pgm.
yea right, I'm gonna spend another $200+ in this economy?!!
I hoped I helped. Regards, Don

Hi Guy, SAME THING happened to me & it pissed me off. My Proteus X pgm would CRASH.
I read, this week, that those free pgms and others they EMU, sold required an EMU controller !!! $129 @ AMAZON.COM
That's Bull-I own a midi keyboard. Hence, I read, everyone can use their OWN midi controller w/ EMULLATOR X3 !!! No donglers w that pgm.
yea right, I'm gonna spend another $200+ in this economy?!!
I hoped I helped. Regards, Don

Um, no. Whatever you read is wrong or you misunderstood it. Some of the Emu software has to be run on their audio interfaces but emu does not even make midi controllers.

To the OP, check to see what the channel the midi keyboard is sending on and what channel the software is set to receive on. If you can record notes but it makes no sound, than that must be the problem

Back