Prong

Man, I just saw Prong at the Bottleneck in Lawrence, KS 3/12. I had the time of my life. I had to drive 3 hours across Missouri through tornadic weather, but it was well worth it. I hung out with Tommy Victor for about a half hour before the show. The nicest dude you could ever meet. He's still using his Marshall Valvestate 8100, with a Krank cab that Dime give him, and it sounded SO fucking good! They played hella old stuff! The show was $10! One of my favorite guitarists, and way too fucking underated and unknown! :D

Were you the guy that posted a story relative to this meeting on the helmet forum??? This guys said that Tommy was just sitting at the bar before the show, so he sat down and had a couple of beers with him. They talked about how the fued between him and Page hamilton is water under the bridge.

Wish I would have known they were in Lenexa, I was O.P. on business that week at the convention center.

jimballs said:
Were you the guy that posted a story relative to this meeting on the helmet forum??? This guys said that Tommy was just sitting at the bar before the show, so he sat down and had a couple of beers with him. They talked about how the fued between him and Page hamilton is water under the bridge.

Wish I would have known they were in Lenexa, I was O.P. on business that week at the convention center.

I'm not the same dude, but that sounds like Tommy Victor. Man, I've been a fan since "Beg to Differ"! It just feels real good, when you meet one of your idols, and the dude turns out to be really cool. Like you just made a friend! Dime was the same way! All my riffs are just Prong and Pantera ripoffs!

If you are going to rip someone off you picked the right ones to rip off! I am the same way with Page Hamilton pre "Size Matters" and Tom Morello.

Never met either of them, all though I did meet Frank Vicario and Daryl Taberski of Snapcase a couple of times and they were awesome guys.

Back