Project: Ward Beck Line Input --> Rackmount Mic Pre

Question for you, Steen.. whenever you can look at your modules up close.

Are the lines on your boards going from R71 and R72 (top side, toward the face) open? It looks like someone has scratched them in order to open the connection.. because I'm pretty sure I never did that! I just noticed.

Last edited:
yeah, I found one in an old PC power supply.. thanks to Steen for the idea/reminder. haha.

Soooooooooooooooo are you done yet Austin? Come on what's the hold up? I want to see and hear come on, come on.

:cool:

I still need to figure out some of the circuitry.. it takes me forever because I'm a n00b. Then I also need two XLR jacks, and then I need to figure out how to fasten it all inside the chassis. I hope it works! :)

I still need to figure out some of the circuitry.. it takes me forever because I'm a n00b. Then I also need two XLR jacks, and then I need to figure out how to fasten it all inside the chassis. I hope it works! :)

XLR jacks? Your coffee machine won't help you out much there! :D
Do you need some?

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think I have any broken gear that I can salvage some from. I'll probably resort to ordering a couple online..

damn you!

this sucks, being stranded in England!!!lol....

i've got everything i need at home,,,'cept an interface to plug em all into! lol...

hey moresound,,,gotta spare rosetta or fireface knockin aboutu there???? :P:P

damn you!

this sucks, being stranded in England!!!lol....

i've got everything i need at home,,,'cept an interface to plug em all into! lol...

hey moresound,,,gotta spare rosetta or fireface knockin aboutu there???? :P:P

No spares there Paul .... sorry.

Awesome, dude! That's going to be sweet.

I haven't been home in so long.. been so busy working on a big video project with school.. haven't had time to tinker with my little baby project! haha. Keep it up!

Looks pretty exciting... but it also looks as though you could build a neater product by flipping a 12 u portable rack case on it's side. I hate wood in the studio, unless it's spontanious

Back