Progressive Metal

Wireneck

Hey fellas,
it has been a while but I wanted to share a new Progressive Metal project I am involved with. We just posted our entire E.P on our main website. Take a listen if you have time. Thanks For your time and feedback

The Universe Divide - Home

Everything but the drums and one layer of guitars was tracked here in my home studio.

Brilliant stuff. I cant find one single thing to complain about. Loving the fretless bass too. Very "Steve DiGiorgio"-esque.

Thanks for taking the time to listen. Digiorgio is great on his work with Death and Vintersorg.

Yeah we are releasing this one instrumental. We tried out quite a few singers but haven't found the right fit. We like to jump around stylistically and we found that vocals were the one thing that was keeping us from being able to do that as freely. I am sure there is someone out there, we just haven't found them yet. Thanks for listening !

Thanks for the feedback fellas! The digital download is now up for $4.00 if anyone is interested.

I was really into it until It turned to the anonymous riff distortion & superclick kick drum. The interludes, bass playing and lead work are terrific though. I do like most of the drums except the hyperclickitive bass drumm. I know, it's just me but that generic distortion for the rhythm guitar riffing leaves me cold.
As a big fan of King Crimson when they went ferral in their original heyday & Interview era Gentle Giant I really think I know which part of my brain this is pointing at - pity that it misses the mark because of a few elements. Don't worry though - the playing, recording & mixing are terrific. It's JUST ME!
Oh, good video.

Ray C - appreciate the feedback. Crimson is most certainly awesome! I can see where the "metal" aspect of this might be a turn off to someone who may be more interested in the prog aspect. I guess we are pretty much a metal band in Prog clothing haha.

the production is first class and the guitars sound very very good, very heavy which fit the music perfectly - good stuff

Great mix dude. Sounds like a professional level production. The drums seem to lack some thump - this could be because I am listening on crap speakers or this could just be the preferred metal drum sound. Nice job.

Back