Programming MIDI Basslines?

Nalencer

Basically, anything that you read in tablature, but can only program in musical notation. How would I do this? Is there a guide somewhere that will translate show the notes for every position on the bass guitar? Or what? How would you do it?

What application are you using?

I'm not sure I get the question but, for instance, in sonar, you can write in TAB form or standard notation to output a midi signal or, visa versa...from the midi keyboard which then writes it for you in either standard notation or TAB form.

Is that what you're asking?

You can use guitar pro.
http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php

It has a staff roll and will allow you to work on 6 strings. It will also give you musical notation so you'll have choices. You can try to demo from their website.

Sorry if I don't respond, I'm generally in the Mixing Clinic. Just passing thru here to see what else is being discussed. :)

:)

I'm just using Garageband. It has an a'ight MIDI interface, but you can only program in musical notation. You can do it in the standard appearance of musical notation, or you can do it in sorta "row view" with one note per row and position your notes on that.

My question is: since I cannot program in tablature, what is the easiest way to correctly translate it into musical notation? Wait... damn. The book shows musical notation. I'm such an idiot :rolleyes:

Question voided.

Back