program wont start

eeb

I have an m-audio delta 1010 installed, but then I brought my computer to another "studio" to use 2 firepods.

We recorded everything and I brought my computer home to work on it but now audition will not open.. It gets frozen on the loading screen.

I can only assume that there's a conflict because it's not finding the firepod but i find it kinda strange that the program won't open.

Should I uninstall the firepod drivers? I"d rather not because i'll still be using it in the near future.

which version of AA?

how long did you let it try to load and what actions did you take when you decided that app would not load and run?

Did/do you have app set to try to load last session on boot?

easist thing might be to go back to studio and see if it loads when attached, then change Hardware to what's on board

type of thing you are doing (tracking in one studio on one set of gear and editing in another via different hardware) is not typically an issue but versions of AA prior to 3 did not support ASIO and while I regularly use AA 1.5 and AA 3 installed on same machine and using different A/D in different locations on the same project you can't use AA 1.5 with ASIO only hardware (without work arounds) and can't use AA 3 with WDM only hardware

It is possible that even if drivers are the conflict that uninstalling them might not fix issue . . . but unless it was a huge hassle to install them at location where you needed them that does seem like a place to start

I have an m-audio delta 1010 installed, but then I brought my computer to another "studio" to use 2 firepods.

We recorded everything and I brought my computer home to work on it but now audition will not open.. It gets frozen on the loading screen.

I can only assume that there's a conflict because it's not finding the firepod but i find it kinda strange that the program won't open.

Should I uninstall the firepod drivers? I"d rather not because i'll still be using it in the near future.

There is a possibility that installed hardware might loose in their contacts with the motherboard when you move or transfer the computer from one place to another. Try re-inserting particularly the soundcard, video card or RAM. Check the wiring also for loose contacts.

These intermittent contacts can freeze software applications.

If all are ok , then most likely it is due to some other reasons...

Try backing up your AA settings - use AuditionFX
Then delete the settings (AA will rebuild) and then try running AA again.

Backup early & backup often

Back