producer or beatmaler

Well...

If you create the beat, record the vocals (yourself and/or others), and atleast rough mix the tracks, you've gone beyond being a just a beatmaker.

producers get musicians together to produce a product. much like a movie producer gets actors together for a project.

beat makers are hip-hop's composers.

the reason i ask is because i 've notice that some beatmakers have been tring to post up as prodducers and i wanted to know if most of the world saw a difference or not .

labels schmabels...

Lots of kids playing make believe....

I think I’ll go to a few brain surgeon websites and learn some lingo and shit... I might even buy me a nice sharp scalpel and a expensive golf club set so I can play the fun parts of the profession like the big boys do... Let's see how far that'll take me at the table with some cat’s melon laying open in front of me with his shit spilling out...

EWwwhhhh... What's that smell...? UHhh... Ya know... I don't wanna play this game no more....

Golf bag hits Ebay and I guess I’ll play dead end job now that I’ve wasted some valuable resources (time, money, and others patience with my ass)...

Me... I'm a bum that'll even try that brain surgery bit...

let me give you my day to show wht i think a prducer is i may make the beat or someone else may then i track the beat or someone else may with my supervision then the vocals are done with me there to give the okay or beat some over the head until it what i here in my head . them i or someone esle mixes the beat until i hear whats in my head or i beat oothers over the head then its mastered to my liking or i beat someone over the head . then it's pressed and hopfully sold andd i'm happy . i see a producer as the guy there start to finish not just make the beat and sell the beat

I'm a little out to lunch on this one. Never heard of a "beat maker" per se.

I've heard people say they want to "make beats" which is a popular slogan for producing a particular genre of music.

Using that same terminology, we could easily use this formula:

making beats = production

thus

beat maker = producer

This is all of course, under the terminology.

You'll never find a "beat maker" on Sony payroll.

dunno...

I make beats, but more importantly I write and arrange as well. I think the difference between beatmakers and producers is simply the aggressive nature of the individual behind the product. I make beats and am more than flexible with others input on my products. I still have a dominant say in MY projects, but I know people who receive production credits for minimal input on other individuals' projects. I view myself as a producer more so because I physically do the majority of the composition from the vision to the music to the programming to the finished product. I just don't honor delegation as suffice for the title producer. And quite frankly this is how most producers operate. Unfortunate but true...

-Humble-

A producer is someone who shapes a musical compostion with an artist and makes a song... A producer is the person who arranges(directs) everything in regards to a song.... (Beat, Vocals, Chrous etc)... A producer is someone who deciedes a song is a finished product.

A Beatmaker is just what is says.... make beats... Instrumentals... A Beatmaker provides beats for songs... a producer takes beats and makes songs....

Producers can be beatmakers and Beatmakers when needed can be producers....

Hope this helps.....

Diggy

Back