processing recorded vocal track

kingsooper

So I bought a vocal processor (voiceworks) and I love the sounds I can get out of it live, but I would like to enhance previously recorded materials. I tried following their suggested setup which was utilizing the digital i/o. But for some reason I cant get my computer or mixer to acknowlege the processed output. I am using a audiophile 2496 and a behringer mixer...does anyone have any suggestions as to what I may be missing. The basic set up is
mic to processor (for live), then the digital I/O from computer to vocal processor, and then left/right outs from processor to mixer(should I use a left/right line insert here?) and then stereo outs from computer to mixer.
I gotta say I am not a mixer-guy...I have always just recorded 1-2 takes straight into computer and only used the behringer as a mic pre, so I don't know much bout mixing and signal processing. Anyway, I don't know if there is something I need to do to M-audio (nothing thus far has worked) or maybe even in voiceworks, but I can't get a processed vocal to come back out. Any suggestions would be great.
thanks.
Ken

Back