Problems with Reaper and secondary drive.

Jawombkamagubi

I have Reaper installed on drive c and I have cut and pasted all of my wave files and various tracks onto another hard drive (e). When I was importing my files and tracks from drive c, I had no problems, but now when I import from e, I'm getting pop's and clicks and stuttering. I'm thinking that my problem is in how the file directories in Reaper are configured, but I'm not sure. If so, I have no clue as to how to reconfigure them without throwing my setup out of whack. If anyone has any suggestions or insight, please impart to me some information-it would be greatly appreciated-thank you.

Did you copy and paste the files or move them over? I would back them up first then try moving the files, as hey are in their respected folders.

I move Reaper files around all the time from different drives and never had a problem.

File > Save As and in the save dialog box check the "copy/move media into project subfolder"

That maintains all the links in the project.

You want to keep the .rpp file and all their tracks in one folder on the secondary drive.

First I cut and pasted them; that's when the problems began. I'm starting to get an idea now-some DAWs have to be "told" what to do and where to go in regards to file directories. I'm still having some problems, but it seems to be coming together-any additional info would be great, though-thanx.

First I cut and pasted them; that's when the problems began.

Cutting and pasting is one way of doing it, but not really the best.

Reaper's saving system is pretty neat.

In your situation I would have loaded up the project, then go to:

File/Save Project As

this brings up a dialog box where you can ask Reaper to create a new sub-directory for the project and its files (on whatever drive you like), and to move (or copy) all the files into it.

See below:
save-as.jpg

Back