Problems with MIDI hookup on Vamp

yrdbrd

hey guys,
i just got a Bass V-Amp Pro and am trying to get the download software working.
when i run the Vamp2.exe file i come to the configuration screen then an error pops up...

"if you connect a device with its MIDI Thru function active, it cannot
respond to scanning. Rescan all MIDI ports now?"

i've checked and the & Thru function is not on in the V-amp.

when i hit "Retry" it scans for a sec then pops right back up.
if i hit "Abort" i can see on the config screen that the In Port is set to
"TTS Virtual Piano In" but it is greyed out and wont let me change it.

Anyone got any clues how to get this workin... or what i'm doin wrong?

thanks for the link ocnor... but still no go
from that thread...
"When you recieve the error box click "abort" then on the configuration window where it says "In Port" and "Out Port" set them both to "SB Audigy 2 ZS Midi IO [2800] and click OK . Now see if it makes a difference when you change parameters."

i think my problem is that i can't change the "In Port"... its greyed out and there is no pull down tab
any ideas how to change it?

ur help is much appreciated

I have same problem, my PC can't recognize V-amp2, and i manuly set settings. When i change preset and click overwrite LED on my MIDI-USB device blink, but preset on my V-amp 2 stay unchanged. I realy don't know where is the problem ??

I bought MIDI-USB device on ebay, end i use windows 7.

http://www.midiox.com/

MIDI-OX has a sys ex function and will also scan for all available MIDI ports. Once it finds your MIDI ports you can configure them manually and tie them together virtually.

When you open MIDI-OX, click on the "view" tab and click on "port routings" . This should open a new window with a graphic display of your available MIDI ports.

If the ports aren't showing up, click on the "options" tab and then "MIDI Devices" this opens up an app that should have a drop-down list of your MIDI ports. Select the port you want to use.

To pass sys-ex click on the "options" tab and enable "Pass Sys Ex".

Next, click on the "actions" tab and select "Send > Sys Ex File".

A new window will open and it will ask you to browse for the file. Select the file and it will open in another window called the "Sys Ex View".

Under Command Window select "Load File" and it will open a box that shows the progress.

Oh....... back to the "port routings" window for a minute....... when you open the sys ex app, MIDI-OX should create a new input port called the "MIDI OX generated event" port. Tie this input to the output used for the Vamp. Just click on one of the ports and drag the mouse to the other. That creates a virtual link to funnel the sys ex file to the Vamp.

Good luck.

Last edited:
MIDI...on a Guitar & Bass forum???
Blasphemy! :eek:

Your guitars and basses should jump up and hit you guys in the head with those V-Amps! :laughings:

Plug into an amp and move on. :p

:D

When you open MIDI-OX, click on the "view" tab and click on "port routings" . This should open a new window with a graphic display of your available MIDI ports.

If the ports aren't showing up, click on the "options" tab and then "MIDI Devices" this opens up an app that should have a..............

Thank you, it worked before i saw your post, i don't know how ??? but thanks anyway. But it still does not recognize my V-amp (i click abort and manual set settings). I think that id does not wokt 100% corect. for example i can't save preset by pressing keys on PC, i have to do ti on may V-amp2 (holding key)
(can be problem with Windows 7)

i forgot in midi ox everything is how you said !

I would call POD customer service or maybe check their website and see if they are having Win7 issues.

If you have access to another computer maybe you can flash the new firmware that way.

Back