Problems With Goldwave

Lost

Like I said I got some tracks on My Tascam Porta 03 and I want to put them on my computer in wav. format. However when i go into Goldwave I hit Newsong.. get the best quality sound possible and then put it for 4 minutes. Then I check the Line in button and uncheck the rest and put the volume all the way up on line in. Then I put the Master Volume all the way up. Then when i start recording I can only hear it very faintly....

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks

There is more to do...

Your soundcard also has input volume controls that you need to make sure is turned up all the way too. You can adjust the input level of the soundcard with it's mixer.

Good luck.

Ed

I am not sure if Goldwave actually records through the line in, mine does not for example. I have to record through my Mic input and unfortunatly that causes me to only record mono.

There are quite a few other recording softwares available, even freeware that lets you record through line in.

If you manage to solve your problem please keep me in mind because I want to be able to record through my line-in onto Goldwave so I can get stereo recording.

(If you have some plugins for Goldwave like Dolby or hush cleaning for example I would also be greatful)

Ummmm

Goldwave will record through any option that is available on your soundcard, Line In and digital formats.

In the transport window, chick on the little box next to the pause button, select the device tab, then set the input you want to use.

Remember too that you have to enable the proper input on the soundcard too with it's mixer deal. Not all soundcards allow software to control it except it's own.

Ed

Oh, by the way....

Goldwave doesn't support third party plugin's....:(

Soon as the author allows that, and, provides a good dithering scheme (I am not even sure that Goldwave dithers the files after processing. I think not because the files seem to have a certain edgy quality after any processing that leads me to think there are some severe quantiniztion errors going on, the very thing dithering is supposed to help), it would be a hell of a good stereo editor. Possibly as good as Wavelab, but, he would also need to offer Red Book Standard CD authoring too....:)

Still not bad for $40 software.

Ed

Goldwave record problem

Hi, newbie. I regularly use Goldwave to record from line in. You seem to have correctly set up the recording controls. If ok, this should show a waveform in the window as the recording progresses. You should also see activity in the VU meter. I wonder, though if you have set up the playback channel as well(by right-clicking on the speaker icon on the taskbar and selecting "open volume control" and selecting line-in?). Good luck.

Back