Problems with Edirol Interface

bfsuk

Hello,
I'm having a few serious problems with a recently bought Edirol interface and I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out and offer some suggestions?

I recently bought an Edirol UA 101 interface and I've not been able to get it running properly.

It will record and playback, but when recording there are horrible digital clicks. I've gone through the manual and tried changing settings regarding "audio buffer size" but whatever I have that on the clicks are still there.

I usually use Logic and this problem was occurring in that so I tried Sonar SE which came with the interface. That won't work at all and the words "audio stopped" appear in red at the bottom. Maybe thats to do with something I'm doing wrong as I'm new to Sonar.

Any help how to sort the problems would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
James

You could try ASIO4all, but be sure you install it according to the directions or it won't work.

You have run the Edirol CD that came with the interface, haven't you? Or if you bought it used and didn't get one, here's a link to the most current driver ---LINK.

I've just had a go at changing some of the settings outlined on that website ... no luck unfortunately.

Using ASIO4ALL I can reduce the pops / clicks but they're still there unfortunately.

bfsuk said:
I usually use Logic and this problem was occurring in that so I tried Sonar SE which came with the interface. That won't work at all and the words "audio stopped" appear in red at the bottom. Maybe thats to do with something I'm doing wrong as I'm new to Sonar.
I didn't read your initial post carefully enough to catch this, and now that I have I'm really confused.

The current Logic is a Mac application while Sonar is PC only.

What platform are you using?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

bfsuk said:
I've just had a go at changing some of the settings outlined on that website ... no luck unfortunately.

Using ASIO4ALL I can reduce the pops / clicks but they're still there unfortunately.

That is because most of that stuff on that website were issues in old Windows 9x machines with OLD hardware on motherboards and stuff.

Give this thread a try, and look into trying to fix it this way. This is a "current" type of problem and solution that may very well work at solving your problem.

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=223717

What does RAM have to do with recording and playback? That is PURELY a DMA function, and RAM NEVER enters into the picture. :( It has everything to do with drivers and hardware (soundcard/harddrive/motherboard hard drive controller/PCI buss) compatibility issues.

Processor speed almost doesn't come into the picture until you start trying to "mix" the music. Hell, with an old PIII 800Mhz CPU, I would record/playback 24 tracks of 24 bit/48khz audio. I couldn't do that track count with 2mb cache IDE drives, but easily with 8mb cache drives and Ultra Wide 2 SCSI drives!

Sorry, but asking about RAM and CPU is irrelevant to the problem.

Sorry, still learning, and these were some of the questions that others were asking me when I was trying to figure it out.

I'll shut up now. :o

Back