Problems w/ soundfonts patches

BloodShark

Hey guys,

I was using SONAR when my computer suddenly crashed and I had to shut it down.

After that, I have two problems:

1) After loading a soundfont and selecting the output device and bank, I can't select the soundfont patch. The drop-down just don't work if I click on it. If I right-click it, then a window pop-up showing the patches, but I want to use the drop-down, 'cause it's faster. Is there an option to re-activate it?

2) I tried to re-install Sonar to solve the above problem, but it always says that DirectX 8.1 was not detected, even after installing it... any idea? I'm running Win98 SE.

Thanks in advance for your help!
BloodShark

BloodShark said:

2) I tried to re-install Sonar to solve the above problem, but it always says that DirectX 8.1 was not detected, even after installing it... any idea? I'm running Win98 SE.
Have you installed DirectX 9?? If so, go Here

Thanks so much dachay!

DirectX 9 should have been installed when I last run Windows Update. I'll use this utility to re-install Sonar, this should solve the problem to select sf patches.

Just one more question: re-installing Sonar will not erase my wave data folder, will it?

BloodShark said:
1) After loading a soundfont and selecting the output device and bank, I can't select the soundfont patch. The drop-down just don't work if I click on it. If I right-click it, then a window pop-up showing the patches, but I want to use the drop-down, 'cause it's faster. Is there an option to re-activate it?
Are you using a SB Live/Audigy? If so, what drivers are you using?

As far as I know (let's wait for James Argo :)), the drop down menu has always showed up the patch-name for me. Alternatively, get LiveSynth Pro. It's just a better sollution... :D

Yes, I'm using SB Live Platinum. But I don't think the problem is related to the drivers, because the I/O devices are working fine if I select the patch from the right-click window. Anyway, I'll check them when I get home.

I'll try LiveSynth if the re-install doesn't work. Thanks for the tip! :)

Back