Problems mixing down to MP3 in PA 9

busted kitty

I'm wondering if anyone can dolve this issue. I can't seem to be able to mix my tracks down to MP3. An error message comes up whenever I try. What am I doing wrong?

I'm using PA 9 on a PC with Windows ME, if this helps.

Thanks for any help I can get.

I don't have CW 9.0 but what exactly are you doing, describe your moves to mix down to MP3. In Sonar, you export audio as a wave file and then use an external freeware or whatever software package to convert to MP3. Unless you pay the $30 upgrade in which case you can export to MP3 directly.

And I thought that was the same for PA 9.0, I didn't think it has a direct MP3 export capability, some other guys here can maybe post confirmation or otherwise.

Several versions of PA9 came packaged with a free .mp3 encoder. Sonar came with a "trial version" encoder which I believe was good for 30 songs (or 30 days, I don't remember which). However, if you owned the full version from PA9, you are allowed to use it in Sonar without having to pay the $30 upgrade fee.

Busted Kitty - let us know the steps you took and what the error message said. However, you might be better off doing as Paul suggested and simply exporting to a wave file and using a freeware .mp3 encoder to create your .mp3's. I don't recall Cakewalk's encoder being anything too special.

I agree, export it as a wave, then get a program from downloads.com to turn it into a mp3. Its a pretty simple solution.
.peace.

...keep rockin.

Sure, Busted Kitty can always get a free mp3 encoder, but the one he/she? has in Cakewalk should work fine, I used it several times.
The nerve of Cakewalk asking for $30 more for an mp3 encoder,that is just pure greed.

If I buy a program, I expect it to work. If the mp3 encoder doesnt work in Busted's PA9, I wonder if other things dont work as well?

Yes. I tried it again and it still doesn't work. I can export to wav, but not MP3. What I've done is export to wav and then import it into Samplitude, and then export to MP3.

By the way. (This is going to sound really dumb), but why won't my wav files play on my CD player after I burn them? The only way I can get things to play on CD is to export them to MP3 (using Samplitude), burn it, and then convert them on my Mac using JAM. There has got to be an easier way to mix and burn right from PA 9 (Help!!!)

Also, can anyone recommend a good program for the PC, that works like Adaptec Jam, that will let me burn MP3s to CD.

After exporting to Wav, I convert to MP3's and then burn to CD (if I have to, bearing in mind that MP3 format is poorer quality than CD's) using a freeware program downloaded from:

http://www.cdex.n3.net/

How did you burn your CD from your saved wav files? I use ADaptec Easy CD creator and away I go. Some CD players are fussy about what CD brands are used. Esapecially the older ones.

Back