problem

drumboi

when i tried to record through the LINE in of my window's stock sound card, i was able to hear the signal through the speakers before i recorded it, but when i wanted to listen to what i had just recorded the signal didn't play through speakers. but when i recorded through my soundcard's MIC ins after switching the input to MIC in on the control panel, everything worked fine, but with grungy quality. how do i solve this problem?

What software are you recording through? When you record through the mic with your Pc's stock sound card, your not going to get the greatest quality thats maybe why it sounds "grungy". Regarding the playback and so on, i think thats mainly to do with how the software is set up, if you let us know what you are using we will point you in the right direction :)

i'm currently using n-track studio, and whenever i try to use the line inputs and outputs instead of the "avance ac97 audio" n-track says "the soundcard is already in use."

You need to go to the "Sounds and Audio Devices" section in Control Panel (WinXP - basically, it's your volume, etc. control). From there, go to the advanced section under "Device volume." Go to OPTIONS->PROPERTIES. Then select to adjust volume for "Recording" You will see various things to select (e.g. CD Audio, Line In ,etc.) -> make sure LINE IN is selected and hit OK. Now, the volume adjustments should show LINE IN -> select it and slide the volume up. Record again, and I think your problem will be solved. :D

Back