Problem with Tascam Us-1800 and Cubase

itike97

Hi everyone,

Here I have maybe the dumbest question this forum has ever seen:)
I recently purchased this interface (Tascam US-1800), and downloaded Cubase 5 along with it. Don't have to worry, Cubase is original and reliable. So Cubase is on my computer, Tascam is fully working, connected to my PC.
But I don't know how to make a recording...I connected one mic wiht the Tascam, I run Cubase..and then I don't know what to do...:(
Please help me:D Thanks in advance..Sorry for my bad english..:D

Well, there is quite a bit to learn before getting started. First, you need to select the 1800 in Cubase. Devices>Device Setup...>VST Audio System. In the drop-down menu at the top, select 'US-1800' from the list.

Then, go to Devices>VST Connections (F4)>Inputs tab, and create an input bus. Create a track (Project>Add Track>Audio>Mono). Then, in the Inspector window (left side of project screen), select the input bus you created, and make sure to hit the 'Monitor' button. Looks like a side view of a speaker. This will allow you to hear the input to the track. Shut if off for playback.

See if that get's ya going.

:)

Well, there is quite a bit to learn before getting started. First, you need to select the 1800 in Cubase. Devices>Device Setup...>VST Audio System. In the drop-down menu at the top, select 'US-1800' from the list.

Then, go to Devices>VST Connections (F4)>Inputs tab, and create an input bus. Create a track (Project>Add Track>Audio>Mono). Then, in the Inspector window (left side of project screen), select the input bus you created, and make sure to hit the 'Monitor' button. Looks like a side view of a speaker. This will allow you to hear the input to the track. Shut if off for playback.

See if that get's ya going.

:)

Jimmy's Christmas message there. Very good of you to take time today, Jimmy!

Well there I've done. I am able to make a recording, but now I can't hear it back you know what i mean...How can I make it possible to hear it back from the speakers connected to my computer?? Thanks,

You dont. You need to get adapters to connect your speakers to the interface. You are replacing your internal soundcard with the 1800.

Back