problem with Studiologic SL-990 Pro (keys transposed)

koencc

Hi there,

I hope there's anyone out there with experience using the Studiologic SL-990 *Pro* version. According to the manual, it does not support
transpose, nor midi-zones, while the unit I just bought second handed seems to have both

When I use MIDI-OX to show the midi signals sent to my hooked up laptop, I see that my keyboard seems to be set to 2 zones, where switch happens between E3 and F3.

For the lower zone, it looks like the notes have been transposed 1.5 note upward (playing C1, shows Eb1 in MIDI-ox), while the upper zone seems to have been transposed downward: e.g. playing key F3, sends out midi signal C3.

Could it be that the motherboard in this unit is the same as the motherboard in the XP version (which seems to support transposing all right), but maybe the Pro just doesn't have the buttons for it. That was the side question..

Can anyone advise on how to fix this?
I've considered a "reset to factory defaults" but nothing in the manual or on the web regarding that.

I've swapped 2 flat cables that connect the keyboard internally, to the motherboard, to try to detect if it's the flat cable: no change.

Anything else you can come up with? (apart from buying a new unit ).

thanks in advance
Koen

Back