problem with restarting CoolEdit Pro

johnyjj2

Hello :-)!

I came to my friend with laptop, microphone and Cool Edit Pro. We recorded great track and he spent some time on doing the whole stuff in Cool Edit Pro to make it even better. I wanted to save it so I press Ctrl+S, write name of file and click 'save'. Unfortunately, it says

"To continue working where you left off, just restart Cool Edit Pro".

I cannot find this file saved anywhere (maybe I miss it but I don't think so). The program exits so I run it again. It asks me if I want to continue previously finished things. I say yes and continue working. However I need to save this file and I cannot. What may be the problem?

Thanks for help in advance!
Greetings!

CEP recorded to 'temp' files so as an intermediate to fixing the bigger issue back up the temp files with 'wav' extensions

of course if it were that easy it would be that easy but particularly if you're working multitrack it's not . . . but the data will be available in some form

when did you install CEP?

Thank you for your answer :-)!
I installed it to "C:\Program Files\coolpro2\coolpro2.exe". I found this directory C:\DOCUME~1\SECOND~1\USTAWI~1\Temp\ and here some new files CEPx5AC0.tmp (big file), E220AutoRunLog.tmp (little file) and Perflib_Perfdata_648.dat (little file). So CEPx5AC0.tmp is the file which stores the data. But how to obtain wav with those multi-tracks from this tmp file :-)?
Greetings!

Last edited:
yes 'big' temp file would have wave data

after saving a backup copy under new name to different location simply change 'tmp' extension to wav

it should open in CEP without any undue fuss . . . if multitrack, if I remember correctly and CEP's been gone for about 7 years so I might not, individual tracks should be contained serially so you just have to locate individual tracks and split them off

if they are not held serially you might be out of luck with regard to extracting all the data

unless you resolve issue as to why CEP is not saving

Back