problem with recording electric guitar

Armin.M

first of all thanks for all of youe helps,
here i got a problem :

i record my electric guitar with m-audio inteface and use the amplitube as an effector,while i'm recording and i'm playing everything is ok but when i put away my hands,(when i dont touch the strings) the hiss and noise come out.

:mad:what is the problem and how to solve it ?

Definitely guitar noise. If you can't fix the guitar and just want the noise to be gone when you take your hands off it, apply a noise gate.

i have the software but how can i fix my guitar ?
you know i have started since long time ago but this problem came from yesterday...i didnt change any option,and i didnt do anything spatial..:(

Check your guitars wiring. If everything seems honky dory then dry replacing the cable. Also don't record with you pickups facing your monitor. They pick up the noise from it.

I've had that issue with a lot of cheaper instrument. There is either nothing or nothing adequate shielding the control cavity of the instrument and it causes all that shitty noise. If the instrument is always noisy, then take it in and have them shield it up for you (it will help a lot). Or upgrade. lol

If you are taking your hands off the strings and the noise is increasing A LOT then it's an issue of shielding.

HOWEVER, even with nicer instruments the high gain amps in amplitube are noisy. It's just the way of the game with high gain amps, they hiss (read hiss, they should not hum if there isn't a ground issue with the amp itself). The only way to really get that down a bit is to throw on the gate/noise suppressor or lower the gain. You sack some sustain when you do this though so it's definitely a trade off.

A 5150 or Mesa DR hisses like crazy, even with no guitar cable plugged in if it's turned up a bit and the preamp gain is set high.

Back