Problem with play button on MS16

James K

Hi,
I've been having a problem on my MS16 for the last couple of days. Occasionally (seemingly more so near the end of the tape) when I press play on the remote, it plays for a split second then just jumps back to stop and vice versa. Has anyone with an MS16 experienced this? If so, do you know what could be causing it?

Thanks
James

Does it do the same if you press the local play button? If so, one thing to look at is tape tension adjustment, considering its happening towards the end of the reel. It will start to play, but not take up fast enough with a nearly full take up reel, and will drop out the tape sensor and stop. Thats pretty easy to watch and see if that is happening.

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what it's doing. The problem is that I don't have a tentelometer. Is there anyway of roughly doing it without messing up the machine?

From what I've heard, on many TASCAM machines, a rough adjustment is to set it so the tension arms are dead centre for each operating mode (play, FF, RWD). I have not tried this myself, and I don't know if it still works on the MS16 as well since it seems to have an unusual transport configuration among TASCAM machines.

Back