Problem with New Laptop

ndycus1

I use my laptop to edit drum recordings that I have done. My older laptop worked just fine for it, but I got a new one. Now that I have a new laptop, when I press play in Sonar 4 Producer Edition, nothing happens. Since I'm only doing editing on it, I'm only using and intend to continue using my stock soundcard. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this problem?

A) No info on the laptop. We're not psychic.

B) Probably a set up problem with the output channels. Read the manual and follow the directions.

C) #1 Rule of Recording: The stock soundcards are made with less than $1 of components for beeps, boops and light gaming. You ALWAYS need to replace the stock soundcard if you want to do ANYTHING with music.

What information do you need to know about my laptop? And why do I ALWAYS need to replace the stock soundcard? My intentions are basically to do drum editing while I'm on the road so that I don't have to sit in my studio to do something that doesn't require critical listening.

ndycus1 said:
I use my laptop to edit drum recordings that I have done. My older laptop worked just fine for it, but I got a new one. Now that I have a new laptop, when I press play in Sonar 4 Producer Edition, nothing happens. Since I'm only doing editing on it, I'm only using and intend to continue using my stock soundcard. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this problem?

Does the built-in audio hardware support the sample rate and bit depth that you recorded it at?

well, as of now, i'm just trying to play mp3's that i have imported just to get the track to play. i haven't transferred any tracks over yet. and i would ibe very surprised if it doesn't play 16/44.1

Back