problem with mono mixdowns

Hey ho,

A quick question from a relative newbie.

I'm using CEP2.0 with a Delta Omni-studio.

When i "mix down to empty track - all waves (mono)" and then solo the resulting track, it plays fine in multitrack view. If i then switch to single track edit view and play it back, it only comes through the left channel. Is this normal?

Any of the mono waves (panned at 0) from my session play back down the center in either multitrack or edit view.

Why would this be happening, and only to mixdowns?

Any clues?

Thanks,

followup...

Ok, i've been playing about with this a little more.

All my original recorded tracks in this instance are 16 bit, 44k.

The mixdown is 32 bit, 44k.

If i convert the mixdown to 16 bit, it plays centered.

If i load any 32 bit wave into edit view, it plays back out the left speaker only. If i convert it to 16 bit, it plays centered. If i convert it back to 32 bits, it plays out the left side only.

What's up with that?

piper.

ok, i've sussed it.

I figured it would probably come down to a single checkbox someplace, and i finally found the right one. By unchecking "Try WDM" under "Device Properties -> Wave Out -> Send 32-bit audio as", i can get 32-bit waves to play properly (ie. centered) in Edit view.

I dunno if this is typical of Delta cards, or what other bits of knowledge i'm missing about how all these drivers work.

Be seeing you,
piper.

Attachments

• cep2.jpg
    cep2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 43
Glad you figured it out! :) And thanks for following up on how you fixed it. This may help someone in the future if they have the same problem.

Back