problem with m-audio projectmix

92_

On cheaper soundcards you have the option to record the stereo out, basically this means that whatever comes out of your speakers will be recorded when you record in a wave editor or similar.
My problem however is that I have not figured out how I can do this with projectmix...there's got to be a solution for this.
I'm currently learning sample robot and it's basically useless for me if my projectmix can't record the main output. Please help me oh wise people of the board. I'd appreciate it alot.

I have the M-Audio Audiophile 24/96.

I have to set the track to stereo and select the input:

Mixer In L Delta-AP[1] / Mixer In R Delta-AP[1]

That basically means it's recording from both L/R channels of the mixer-in (where sound goes from whatever media player you're using to the software mixer).

Do you actually patch the stereo out to your L/R inputs physically or do you route it internally?

92_ said:
Do you actually patch the stereo out to your L/R inputs physically or do you route it internally?

I don't change anything except set the inputs on the software (Reaper) to record from the Mixer Ins.

Ahh, I see.

Let me explain my problem to see if you can help me with that specifically.

I'm trying to get to grips with sample robot, and I want to sample some vsts...
The problem is that sample robot doesn't receive any signal when it records...When I trigger softsynths from sample robot I can hear the sounds, but when I try to clone the synth it doesn't record the sound. I've tried every input listed in sample robot, but it still doesn't work. It's like there's no "stereomix" available

Back