problem with "Lounge Lizard EP-4" plug-in

Ricky D

Is there anyone here using the plug-in "Lounge Lizard EP-4" from Applied Acoustics Systems?

If so, perhaps you could offer some insight into my problem with it.

I thought it was working properly up until recently, when I was recording with it and tried to execute the following pattern. Please see attached image. You should see quarter note, eighth note, eighth note tied to a quarter note. THAT'S what I played.

What "Lounge Lizard" reproduced was the lower image; quarter note, sixteenth, sixteenth tied to a half note.

Obviously, my reaction was WTF?

And this has nothing to do with latency. Don't even go there.

Something is amiss with this software. I tried triggering it with a different keyboard, but got the same result.

I've contacted AAS and PreSonus (the makers of my recording software).

If you have some actual useful insight, please share.

Thank you

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 6.26.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 6.26.26 PM.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 0
When you say,"checked," what specifically do you mean? What parameters of the midi connection are relevant? Thank you for responding.

Last edited:
I did more troubleshooting this morning and discovered that the timing issue I'm having isn't specifically tied to the "Lounge Lizard" plug-in.

Instead of using "Lounge Lizard" as the virtual instrument, I used one of the electric pianos bundled with Artist 5 and got the same result, only perhaps even more "pronounced."

See notation image above.

The first note pattern is what I'm playing. The second note pattern is what's being reproduced by the virtual instrument.

Only when I used the PreSonus EP, the sixteenth notes were reproduced almost like thirty second notes. In other words, "faster."

I'm going to have to pressure PreSonus support for an answer on this one. It clearly points to the recording software.

But still - anybody have any idea what parameter/pref is causing this??

PROBLEM SOLVED! Damned DAW has too many f*g buttons. Buttons I'll never, ever use.

I was working on a different song and noticed that the Input Quantize button was ON. Apparently, that function applies/controls ALL midi data on the DAW; not just the song in question.

I turned it off, went back and re-recorded some midi piano and everything was fine. Whew.

You can bet I'll be watching that button in the future.

AND there's an even chance that I may have turned it on with an errant finger on the touch pad.

Back