Problem using Adobe Audition as my external editor in Reaper

presto5

I have Adobe as my editor in Reaper..cntrl/alt/E brings Adobe up and the wave form is there but it wont let me turn on my inputs in Adobe because Asio driver is already running Reaper. When Adobe pops up there are two icons for the Asio control and I cant turn the one for Adobe on..anyone? Thanks..

Just a couple of thoughts.

You say it won't let you turn on your inputs. Do you need to turn these on? Isn't the stuff already recorded? Does AA play back the WAV?

However, you might like to try not using an external editor. You can do editing of the WAV to your heart's content within Reaper, just by zooming in and doing whatever you have to do. There are two big advantages in doing this: 1) It is undo-able, and 2) You can check changes immediately.

yeah..thats what I hear..I still think Auditions editing environment is wicked tho ...there are solid editing aspects i have not seen in Reaper...and yes AA plays back the WAV. I had it going before...its something super simple I bet...

Not a Reaper user but, if you're only editing, could you use the MME driver option in Audition (since latency won't be an issue)?

Or, does Reaper have an option to "Release ASIO driver in background" like Audition has? If so, that might do it for you.

Not a Reaper user but, if you're only editing, could you use the MME driver option in Audition (since latency won't be an issue)?

Or, does Reaper have an option to "Release ASIO driver in background" like Audition has? If so, that might do it for you.

thanks..I i think i just had to do that in Audition..the ASIO in background thing:D:drunk:

I just did a quick Google and it seems Reaper has an option of "Close audio device when stopped and application is inactive" option you should likely tick to release the driver.

(The entry I found indicated that a few people have problems with this not always working properly btw.)

Anyhow, if you select this option, it should release the drivers as soon as Reaper is minimised or in background.

Back