probably a very dumb question...delts 1010LT

RobManYou

why does my m-audio delta 1010LT have more outputs than inputs? what do i do with all these outs? i only have enough rcs ins to cover 6 direct outs from my mixer? a little enlightenment anyone please?

I don't think it has more outs than ins. Two of the ins are on standard 3pin XLR jacks and you can select their input gain for mic or line connection. Set for line, you can feed them from your mixers outputs using a 1/4" jack - XLR cable.

ok... i see what you're saying... so with that there are, on this particular breakout cable, 6 mono (3 stereo) rca inputs and 8 rca mono (4 stereo) outputs, and of course the 2 xlr inputs (which I will use for my mixer's main outs)... i'm just confused I guess as to what I'm going to do with all of those rca outs? sorry i'm new and probably sound retarded... just confused though... and once I figure this all out I'm wanted to be able to record like 8 channels simultaneously with direct outs... is that possible or will I only be allowed to do 6 channels? thanks a million

You can record 8 channels simultaneously with the 8 analog inputs.

The 8 outputs are useful if you want to create a couple of headphone mixes or hook up some outboard gear.

I think the original intention with all the outs was so people could route individual tracks back out to a mixer for, well mixing I guess. Seems like kind of a quaint idea now

Bulls Hit said:
I think the original intention with all the outs was so people could route individual tracks back out to a mixer for, well mixing I guess. Seems like kind of a quaint idea now

Oh come now, I wouldn't MITB if I could ;)

Some folks swear by analog summing - that is mixing in the box, but routing several of the busses to an external mixer, than possibly back in again. For this it would be a decent choice I suppose, although most who do analog summing have probably invested in more than a 1010LT.

fizbin

The scenario that I would use the outputs on the 1010lt is this....Doing a live recording gig and cakewalk craps out for some reason and closes. Of course, this would only mildy suck as I would be routing the inputs back to the outputs and the outputs would be connected to a DA-88 or two or some other tape based digital multitrack. The Delta wouldn't crash just because cakewalk did. I wonder if this approach has ever saved anybodys ass?!

How about surround sound setups? You need multiple outputs for that.

Back