Pro Tools LE -- POD X3

firedance

Hi everyone,

I currently own a POD X3, and am looking to setup a basic Pro Tools LE recording studio at home.

I was looking into the MBox Micro (http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid=100&navid=220&itemid=5343). Does anyone know if I would be able to use this, and connect my X3 via SPDIF? Would that setup work?

Or am I better off getting an MBox 2 or MBox Pro? I just figured since my POD already has pretty much everything the Mbox has as far as I/O wise, I just need some hardware to run Pro Tools, hence my selection of the Micro...

Any pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone,

I currently own a POD X3, and am looking to setup a basic Pro Tools LE recording studio at home.

I was looking into the MBox Micro (http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid=100&navid=220&itemid=5343). Does anyone know if I would be able to use this, and connect my X3 via SPDIF? Would that setup work?

Or am I better off getting an MBox 2 or MBox Pro? I just figured since my POD already has pretty much everything the Mbox has as far as I/O wise, I just need some hardware to run Pro Tools, hence my selection of the Micro...

Any pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated!

You really don't need to buy a Mbox to use your Pod X3 to record with Pro Tools. They removed the hardware requirement several versions ago. I am currently using my Pod X3 live as my interface with PT 12 as my Digi02 died on me with version 10.

The only annoying thing is that a lot of times I have to restart PT when first booting up a song as it says my ASIO setting as changed. Other than that it works flawlessly. I have been using my X3 since version 10.

Oh, you also have to go under the setup window in PT and select hardware option and then launch setup app and turn the monitor level all the way down if you want to record clean and use gearbox as a plugin to change your sounds once recorded or otherwise you will hear a mix of clean guitar along with the plugin patch when you are recording.

The advantage of the Mbox is that with some packages you get a light version of Pro Tools that will only record 16 tracks. I went this route to get my daughter setup to record here song ideas.

Hi,
Protools 8 was the last version to have 'LE' in the name, I believe.
It was also the last version to require avid/digidesign hardware.

Do you already own a version of Protools (which one?) or are you shopping for that too?

Back