pro tools compatibility

danico4not

Hello all,
I recently purchased a Athlon 64 3800 dual core computer that came preloaded with Windows XP Media Center Edition. I'm looking to run my Pro Tools Digi 002 on this system. I loaded 7.0 with no problems, but now the system restarts by itself whenever I try to start up pro tools. I went to the digidesign site, and I noticed pro tools le 7.0 does not support Windows Media Center. My question is, is there any way around this? Or should I just go buy Windows XP? Thanks in advance.

Did you check for patches to the software (on their site)? I know nothing about ProTools, but its a good thing to do in general.

I'm thinking of taking the computer back. I bought it at Fry's last week (that was my first mistake). I'm thinking if I install XP it might not work as well as it would with Media Center. Since I bought it with Media Center , it seems foolish to keep trying to add things that would void the warranty of a new purchase. I might just have to look for another computer unless someone knows something better...

....does anyone know about any Microsoft or Digidesign updates that would help?

Back