Pro Tools automation not writing?

fishkarma

So Pro Tools is going mad on me; the automation has ceased to write all of a sudden which is a real problem for me.

I regularly write in a tracks macro dynamics with the faders of the 002 and then go back and make the micro changes. However no matter what mode I have the automation in (latch/touch/write), ProTools will not write the fader movements to track; the only thing that works is drawing it in manually. Its evidently not my hardware as even moving the digital faders inside of PT won't write anything.

At first I thought this was because of a change to tracking at 96k, figuring PT was buggy at this sample rate (my friend also had the same problem writing automation at 96k on a 7.3 system). A possibility worth mentioning is that we both tracked on HD in the college studios and are using our own LE setups at home. However I really doubt that was the problem.

I've trashed prefs etc. but can't really think of what might cause this, has anyone else ever had this problem?

Cheers
-Josh

Update

Right so I've just done a fresh install of Protools on a freshly wiped system which was just upgraded to OS 10.6.3 and guess what? its still broken!!!

So this is a freshly wiped hard drive with the right OS version, no third party plugs and the most recent PT. All thats on my hard drive right now is my browser, thats all I have installed...

This is driving me insane can anyone help please?
Did AVID stop supporting automation in the last few updates or something...

Back