Pro Tools 8 or Adobe Audition 3?

Hoodoomoo

I've been using Reaper but I've decided i want to try a new recording program, recently I've been interested in Adobe Audition 3 and Pro Tools 8... both look pretty nice but which program would you go with if you were me? Thanks!

Jordan

You can put Reaper into Adobe Audition 3.

http://www.reaper.fm/reaplugs/

I can tell you one thing, I've seen someone use pro tools and adobe audition . It's more bout LEARNING the program like the back of your hand.

I love AA3 because it help me grasp and understand recording and mixing alot more then my previous program.

I can tell you one thing, I've seen someone use pro tools and adobe audition . It's more bout LEARNING the program like the back of your hand.

Yes I understand that its about "LEARNING" the program like the back of my hand, that is exactly why I am asking which should I use, because i want to learn the program like the back of my hand, but i want to learn which ever one is "better" in you guy's opinion :D

having used both i can tell you they both are great, i was more into pro tools because to me it was easier to understand but its a preference thing.

Well nobody can tell you which is better, just a matter of opinion, have using both I will vote to try ADOBE

oh and this might help your decision.

to use protools you going to have to use THEIR audio interface with program

The first software I tried is the one I'm currently using: Adobe Audition 3. I used the 2.0 version before the 3.0 came up.

I tried a lot of other softwares, but never found something more useful than Audition (in my case). I tried Pro Tools just for the sake of trying it, it's a very good program too, but I'm so used to Adobe Audition that I stayed with it. I didn't want to re-learn everything. Anyway, it seems that they are very similar.

Yeah, and Pro Tools is kinda wicked though. You need an M-Audio interface for the "M-Powered" version. And the others I'm not so sure...

Back