Pro Tools 2023.3

I have a few instruments tying me to Rosetta, unfortunately, but it's nice to see Avid were quick off the mark getting a proper Silicon version released. :ROFLMAO:

I have a few instruments tying me to Rosetta, unfortunately, but it's nice to see Avid were quick off the mark getting a proper Silicon version released. :ROFLMAO:
Yep, I have them as well. However, I think the problem, at least for the most part, is VST 3 non-compatibility. My Cubase and Studio 1 rig's run great with full VST 3 implementation. I suspect it won't be long until Avid gets things sorted.

I think PT on mac uses AAX exclusively. From what I can gather the issue with a few of my older instruments is they aren't Universal Binary so it would be on the third party to update or replace.
Unfortunately EastWest Play is one of them and, from what I'm seeing, they don't seem likely to release a UB Play AAX.
Instead they've released a new product to replace it, with its own price tag. :(

I think PT on mac uses AAX exclusively. From what I can gather the issue with a few of my older instruments is they aren't Universal Binary so it would be on the third party to update or replace.
Unfortunately EastWest Play is one of them and, from what I'm seeing, they don't seem likely to release a UB Play AAX.
Instead they've released a new product to replace it, with its own price tag. :(
Ah, you know your right! I didn't think that one through. You are also correct in that East West Play no longer shows up in Pro Tools. Probably the end of the line for Play. I've had Opus for quite some time so the upgrade price doesn't sting as much as it originally did. I do think Opus is a bit more fluid and runs slightly leaner.

Looks that way, for Play. To be honest I wasn't aware of Opus until this latest PT release came out.
I still run Steven Slate SSD4 which is in the same boat although I think that it and Play might be the only two for me.
Most likely I'll pay the upgrades and move on but if it turns out there are more I'll probably just click 'Open using Rosetta' button and leave everything else alone.

Hope PT stays fast and rock solid for you! (y)

Back