Pro Tools 11 set up question

Domilead1234

I'm new to this site and I have a question regarding general set up and functionality within pro tools 11.

I realize that akai and native instruments are competing companies and that not everything is compatible with pt11.

I have pro tools 11, and I would like to get an Akai MPK88 midi controller as well as NI Komplete 10 Ultimate.

My question is this: Will pro tools 11, akai mpk88 and komplete 10 ultimate work and function together for me to create music?

is Akai mpk88 recognized by pro tools 11 when you set it up there? Will I have any issue with the mpk playing the komplete instruments because they're competing manufacturers?

Thank you.

Sorry about your ProTools purchase...

lol! Just kidding man. :)

As far as I know, ProTools has now allowed use of third party software/hardware in their latest versions. Whether or not that means the stuff you mentioned works I can't say.

I have never experienced a software/controller conflict from competing manufacturers before with Cubase. Not sure why there would be an issue via ProTools.

Now whether or not it is a default 'easy' setup, I can't say either.

I suppose my advice is worthless here. :)

I bet someone with knowledge of ProTools and your controller/software will be around soon.

I hope and expect you to be fine.

I've only ever used my M-Audio Axiom controller with Pro Tools and Komplete and it worked fine.

Couldn't you just contact Akai and ask them if it'll work? I figure that'd be the easiest way to get the most 100% accurate answer to this question...

Back