pro audio 9

You should use the search forum... this question pops up once in a while... ;)

Anyway, there's a big chance that it will, but it's not supported under WinXP, so it might not...

Clemie said:
mercy me.. mercy me guys. I'm still using CakewalkPA9. but I'm happy with it anyway :)

So was I until my old computer broke. I liked it just fine, but I couldn't see putting Win98se on the new computer, so I upgraded to XP pro & then realized I probably needed to upgrade to Sonar.

Damn my credit card hurts :D

Thanks for the info. This prompts another question (and I realize this has probably been covered to the ends of the Earth, but), what does Sonar have over pro audio 9. By the way, I can't get the search function to work on this board. I get a 'sorry, there is a 3 word min. blah blah blah'. Also, I checked the Cakewalk faq and there were only q&a about mp3s, perhaps there is more than one Cakewalk faq?

I forgot to add, I'm recording live (8 tracks at once) through the ST Audio c-port set up. Can sonar do simultaneous track recordings? Also, I use NO midi as I have no interest in it. I've read a couple reviews on Sonar and most of them talk mainly about loop sampling, synth sounds, etc. which is not real music IMHO. I hope this doesn't offend, it's just my opinion. Thanks.

Last edited:
Sonar is newer and more stable. It uses WDM and ASIO-drivers (aswell as MME-drivers which PA9 is using), meaning that latency can be really low. Sonar supports softsynths and samplers. It can use Groove Clips (if you're into the Acid way of making music), and it's just better! Like I said in the other thread (reference above): Once you have tried Sonar, you'll never go back! :)

And of course Sonar will allow multiple inputs use at the same time (HomeStudio is limited to 2 ins at the same time). I record 8 tracks a time often.

(And if you think that softsynths can't produce real music, you haven't tried the lovely Native Instruments Hammond B4! :))

One thing I would check though, is the drivers supported by your C-Port, but I don't think it would be any problem (if you considder upgrading).

:)

Back