Pro audio 9.

Hi there! I use cakewalk pro audio 9, and I was wondering if there is a way to compress like my guitar tracks on there? I tried the help topics but I couldnt find anything that made sence to me. I'm just wanting to go for bigger sound all around cause well.. my sound is not as loud as it should be, and I thought that maybe compressing some things might help it to become louder without peaking out.

Would that help by compressing? And if so how do you compress?

moskus said:
Since www.studiocovers.com is down, you might want to read this (rather old) article by Rip Rowan. :)

Thanks for your time moskus, that looks like it might have a little something for me to learn there. But I still dont understand how to compress, in this it looks like its done by EQ, cause I can change my look of the actual sound thing by eq, but I still cant seem to get the bigger sound I want without it peaking over the top and distorting. So it's in the EQ for compression? I did try today to use effects delay, but I didnt set the delay to were you can actually hear it delay, and it sounded a little better. I guess it's set to where its so close that all it doess is make the sound a little bigger sounding. More bits or something? Still not enough though. I got a whole hell of alot to learn.

I know alot of it has to do with my speakers and sound card probably, and I'm probably not getting the acurate ballance like it should be. When I got it all mixed down I love how it sounds on my PC but when it's burned to a CD, it sounds way different in the car! Usually I got way to much bass. I have a hard time getting the mids to come out through the mids, seems like no matter what I try it all wants to come out the damn subwoofer. And if I tweak out the mids and highs it just sounds like total crap coming out of the computer, but it ballances out a little better in the car. So it leaves me confused as to how it probably sounds to other people on thier computers, cause I'm guessing it probably sound like to them is what it sounds like to me in the car, way to much low end. And really really shitty! My sound is just so locked down and I need to free it bad.

I think it's probably time to get a job and buy some real shit I guess.

moskus said:
There's a HUGE difference between a compressor and an EQ. You should also read this. ;)

Thanks man, good stuff! I got that place in my favorites now, whole lot to read but definately good. The math stuff is kinda scary on the db stuff lol, but it does explain pretty well alot of great detail, thanks very much!

DevilizhStylez said:
The math stuff is kinda scary on the db stuff lol, but it does explain pretty well alot of great detail, thanks very much!
Just remember that 0 dB + 0 dB = 3 dB :D

Back