Printing question: CD Label, Jewel Case cover ect.

ThoughtRecords

I am reaching the final stages of producing a 5 song EP for a musician.

We have the whole iTunes and other online buying sites covered.

Our problem is physical copies. Where would I go (for best prices and quality) to "mass produce" the CD?

We really arnt mass producing it because we dont want to go in the hole here. But what are the best options for printing the CD label and Jewel case cover?

Also how do you add security to a CD? We dont want to just burn the songs on a bunch of blank CD-R's, we are interested in making it as professional as our budget will go.

We plan on using just Jewel CD cases with a single insert for a color cover. Also labels for the CDs them selves. And adding copy-right security to the CD. How and what is the best way to go about doing this?

To answer the security question, I know CD Architect has that sort of option. Not sure what it does or how effective it is.

Your looking at replication, not duplication and not many people offer short run replication. Duplication however you can find that anywhere like Diskmakers. If you consider 1000 cds short run, you could try www.oasiscd.com I really like their packages. Copyright security... no such thing. Otherwise nobody would bitch about infringements.

Personally,
for cds to be used as promo or merch @ shows etc I tend to do duplication.
for brick & mortars where professional product is desired I do replication.

Your looking at replication, not duplication and not many people offer short run replication. Duplication however you can find that anywhere like Diskmakers. If you consider 1000 cds short run, you could try www.oasiscd.com I really like their packages. Copyright security... no such thing. Otherwise nobody would bitch about infringements.

Personally,
for cds to be used as promo or merch @ shows etc I tend to do duplication.
for brick & mortars where professional product is desired I do replication.

I am talking about 25 or so CD's. Just enough to get them out there, and if we run out we will do more.

We have the cover graphics done, but they are still only a PSD. When we are ready we want to print it out and put it in the jewel case. Very home made.

But what Im asking is where can I go to get good quality prints of the case covers? We want it on a semi-gloss type paper that is fairly thick. Not printer paper.

Sire Press: Short Run CD Duplication and Screen Printing

In a band? Sire Press offers Short Run (50-500 quantity) CD Duplication and Screen Printing all with a DIY feel. We have roughly 30 packaging options all in short run quantities so you don't have to get the 1000+ quantities other companies require in order to get a unique-looking package.

Everyone who is a part of Sire Press is a young artist or musician and we pride ourselves on our customer service.

I know a few people on this board are from Philly, so if you ever want to check out our shop, hit us up.

http://www.sirepress.com
267-909-9233
gavi@sirepress.com

ftfxDqJ19py4uyu3FVvWw7TNo1_400.jpg

In a band? Sire Press offers Short Run (50-500 quantity) CD Duplication and Screen Printing all with a DIY feel. We have roughly 30 packaging options all in short run quantities so you don't have to get the 1000+ quantities other companies require in order to get a unique-looking package.

Everyone who is a part of Sire Press is a young artist or musician and we pride ourselves on our customer service.

I know a few people on this board are from Philly, so if you ever want to check out our shop, hit us up.

http://www.sirepress.com
267-909-9233
gavi@sirepress.com

ftfxDqJ19py4uyu3FVvWw7TNo1_400.jpg

I would really hope that it doesn't have the average "DIY" feel lol

By DIY feel we mean that everything we do is done by hand with care. We do not mass produce with a machine that simply pops out CDs. The same love and dedication that went into creating the music is carried over into the assembly of the CDs.

You can check out our testimonials here: http://www.sirepress.com/testimonials.php

If you would like us to send you some samples so you can hold and feel the quality of work we do, simply email me at gavi@sirepress.com with your mailing address and any specific packaging type you'd like to see.

By DIY feel we mean that everything we do is done by hand with care. We do not mass produce with a machine that simply pops out CDs. The same love and dedication that went into creating the music is carried over into the assembly of the CDs.

You can check out our testimonials here: http://www.sirepress.com/testimonials.php

If you would like us to send you some samples so you can hold and feel the quality of work we do, simply email me at gavi@sirepress.com with your mailing address and any specific packaging type you'd like to see.

I'm always looking for great services to outsource too other than CD's (have to keep them redbook). I'll send my address.

Back