Print just the effects to a track?

adam

What I would like to do is to feed a guitar track to an effect (soft), flange in this case, but I want to hear only the flange, not the audio. I am trying to create some wow and flutter effects, and other random noises, but don't want any, or at least near inaudible, guitar.

When I first got into recording at home, with all hardware I thought I remember being able to print just an effect to a track, without the original audio.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want but isn't there a mix control where you can set how much of the effect you want and how much of the source you want.

OK if you want just the effect in an actual track then put the original track in your clip board, apply the effect with just the effect, then you can paste the original to another track or where ever you need it.

Thanks. I ended up cloning the track, adding the effect and panning differently. The guitar is barely audible and the effect is prominent. Not sure if this is exactly what u were saying, but it worked. Thanks!

Back