Price-CashoutVultures

Ninja_Drummer

Hey guys, doing an 8 track EP album for a local band and here's a almost complete song that I did some touch up mixing. All it's missin' is the back up vocals and lead guitar part.

I was going for more of a black Sabbath feel with the big openess and "big stadium" mood to it. I also did some panning with the separate rhythm guitar parts, basically one left and one right.

I do need to fix the kick, as it sounds a bit too chirpy (mixing with headphones is very misleading!), and I think I'm gonna spread the toms out a bit more because I think they sound kinda muddy all smashed up in the middle.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=27943

Criticism?

Dude... I hate to say it, but there is more wrong with this song than right. This sounds like it was a live show recorded by a bad engineer. Drums are almost complete mush. Toms are louder than the snare. Snare has no snap at all. Kick is mushy, too. Guitars are claustrophobic and mushy as well. Singer is *way* out front and in his own space, like he's singing in a different room. Yeah, dude... Lots to work on, for sure.

Unfortunately, I gotta agree with PI and say it does need a LOT of fixing. everything except the vocals sound way to ambient/roomy/reverby. Snare sound is really ring-y not punchy or clicky. bass is washed out, guitars aren't thick enough in the mix.

Baahhh, alright then, I'll see what I can do about it. I think I like the bass as it is though, I think it sounds ok just mixed in and added to the low end of the song instead of having a Big presence in the mix.

I already know about the kick, so don't need to worry about that not getting fixed.

Back