Presonus Tube VS DMP3 Preamps!!

Dracon

Yeah! I know that the Presounus is a single mic Tube pre-amp and the M-Audio is a dual mic (Non-Tube) pre-amp.

I guess my question, I've heard good things about the M-Audio. I have not heard anything about the Presonus. Has anyone tried either or both?

OK...I'll admit it. I've got a couple BlueTubes. I find that they acutally make a pretty decent DI for Bass and sometimes keyboard outputs with some nice results. Playing with the tube drive renders an interesting distortion/coloring effect. If you go into it realizing that the tube and drive is an "effect" and that the unit is not a true tube mic pre then they can be fun to experiment with. Some here will tell you that they're a bit noisy but IMHO it's going to depend on your chain and the room you're working in. If you've got quiet gear and a silent room, this won't be the way to go with acoustic instruments or vocals. There are better choices in that price range for mic pres .

If you mean the Presonus TubePre don't waste your money. It doesn't even sound warm enough to use as a bass DI. Love my DMP3.

TNO said:
If you mean the Presonus TubePre don't waste your money. It doesn't even sound warm enough to use as a bass DI. Love my DMP3.
Cool! I might just go for that. I just saw a TubePre from Presonus on e-bay and wondered how good they were compared to say the DMP3. Thanks!

punkin said:
No comparison...like I said...there are better buys out there.
Actually, I might just go with the ThreeQ for $50 more than the DMP3.
Thanks again, for your input.

Back