Presonus Firestation and Sonar

robn

A Muse Zen
Anybody here have a Presonus Firestation and Sonar? I am looking to get a new soundcard and was considering the Firestation, but I noticed on their website it mentions something about Sonar not recognizing the Firestation at 24-bit, only 16-bit.

I was also considering the M-Audio Firewire 410, Echo Mona, Delta 1010, Q10, or MOTU 2408.

I had a Delta 66 and there was nothing wrong with it, but I guess I fell victim to gear lust and wanted to try something else. Terrible thing that gear lust, is there any cure?

I talked to a Cakewalk rep this morning and he told me that there ARE issues with the Presonus Firestation (I noticed it wasn't listed under "Compatible sound cards" on the cakewalk website for Sonar). He said they finally got it to work with "lots of tweaking". Guess it's Plan B.

Just FYI

robn said:
I had a Delta 66 and there was nothing wrong with it, but I guess I fell victim to gear lust and wanted to try something else. Terrible thing that gear lust, is there any cure?
Why not go for a Delta 1010?

And there's no cure for gear lust... :(

And there's no cure for gear lust...

Well, guess I'm SOL then :eek:

I think the MOTU may be out of the price range, same with the Q10. Guess I've narrowed it down to the Delta 1010 or the M-Audio Firewire 410. Any advice from anyone who has seen/heard both?

The 1010 doesn't have pre-amps does it?

robn said:
The 1010 doesn't have pre-amps does it?

It does have :) First two inputs are mic pre-amped (can recieve mic or line level). And they can also be switched as balanced input as well :)

James,

You're talking about the 1010LT right? I was referring to the 1010 which I don't think has the pre-amps. I've got a Mackie 1202VLZ to use for pre-amps, but I was kinda looking at cards with pre-amps built-in. Guess I'll scoot on over to M-Audio's website (again) and look at the differences between the two.

Thanks for the input!

robn said:
James, You're talking about the 1010LT right?

Oops, yes indeed :D Anyway, I love my Mackie's pre-amp alot better than the Delta. Not because the Delta is bad, but Mackie just did it better :)

Back