presonus firepod.... thoughts?

Got one and love it. Nice pre's (clean, quite, nice headroom), I love mixer control - nice for zero latency monitoring.

The only thing I've noticed is I'm getting a hum through the outs into my amp. After contacting support, this appears (could be) related to the fact I'm not running balanced cables between amp and the Firepod (my amp doesn't have balanced inputs regardless). They told me the thing was designed for powered monitors with balanced inputs and recommended an upgrade. Hmm, not sure I liked that answer. But, I guess that's my problem and not theirs.

that's cool.. i've got TR8 powered monitors.

for computer power i've got Celeron 2.7 Ghz and 1 Gb of ram. think that's enough to run the firepod without issues???

You should be fine with your PC. I'm running an AMD Athlon 3000+ (2.2 Ghz) with 1 gig of ram. The Firepod control panel has CPU setting you can adjust - from low to high. I'm running mine on high right now, and sitting at about 4 ms latency as I tend to keep that on the safe side and don't embark on the continuous quest to get it down to 1 ms.

The Firepod is exelent value for the money, I think its hard to match it in efficiancy for the buck.
I have one, and I still havent had any problems.
works like a charm :)

i got the Firepod about 4, 5 months ago, not one problem yet, works grate for me, for the price its wounderfull
p4 3.0
2 gig ram

Back