PreSonus Firepod Recording MIDI

thehouseofshawn

Hey there. I read through some posts concerning people like me new to MIDI. I understand it has nothing to do with actual sound, the plugins help to do that. Gotcha.

Now. I have a Firepod; which I do ever so love. It has MIDI in and out, and I would like to plug my MIDI keyboard into the in and be able to hear it through the main output (channels 1 and 2) back into the headphones.

I have a Powerbook, and I don't seem to have these other soundcard MIDI players, is that the only way I can listen to the sound that it makes?

I noticed in the Audio / MIDI settup I have two things; PreSonus Firepod and IAC driver. The IAC driver seems to be the default MIDI input/output as I would guess because I know that there isn't too many problems with MIDI recording and these laptops, but I don't know how I am supposed to get the sound out.

I understand I need a plugin to play it with, please direct me towards that, and also how I can get the output to go through to the main mix. I don't have MIDI cable to test things with right now otherwise I might have been able to figure it out... but the only MIDI cable I have is about 6" and is too short to try things with. I don't want to go out and buy a MIDI cable if it isn't going to work *(I hope you see where I'm going with this).

So please, I do appreciate your rather elementary help.

Back