preamp with S/PDIF out...?

megamark16

Hey guys, I have a Delta 66 soundcard that I really enjoy, but it would be nice to have two additional channels of input. So I was wondering, if I could find some kind of preamp with s/pdif out, that could give me two additional input channels right? But are there any premps out there like that that don't cost an arm and a leg? Also, if I just sent the output of a premap into something like this:

http://www.amabilidade2002.com/toslink2.htm

And sent the coax output of that into my s/pdif input, would that work, and would I lose a lot of quality?

Thanks!
Mark

yeah I saw the Art DPSII while I was searching yesterday, but since I don't have any experience with S/PDIF here's another question for ya: If I have a two mic input device with S/PDIF out, like the two listed above (Roland MMP-2, and Art DPSII) can I just pan the mics left and right on the preamp and have two seperate recordable channels in Cool Edit Pro?

Thanks
Mark

megamark16 said:
yeah I saw the Art DPSII while I was searching yesterday, but since I don't have any experience with S/PDIF here's another question for ya: If I have a two mic input device with S/PDIF out, like the two listed above (Roland MMP-2, and Art DPSII) can I just pan the mics left and right on the preamp and have two seperate recordable channels in Cool Edit Pro?

Thanks
Mark

Yes :cool:

Has anyone used the M-Audio Duo? It looks like it has S/PDIF out, and it's certainly in the price range I need. And I woulnd't be using it through the USB (which it looks like a lot of people had problems with) I would just be using it as two more mic pres sending out through the s/pdif.

Thanks
Mark

Back