preamp(s) for mxl603,s?

sickstring69

I've ordered a couple of 603s then realized I need preamps. Have been using art v3's on my nt3 and 4040. I'm not rich (hence the 603's) and I was thinking about a couple of Studio Projects tube blend models. OK? Or any other reasonable choices? I still plan on trying my old mics as room mics etc. using my current art v3's. (I do find these a bit noisy sometimes). Anyway, I record acoustic fingerstyle into an AW16G and have gotten fair results all considered. But still searching for the Magic combo (on a budget!) I'm kind of a newbie with you guys and you're all great...learned more in a week than I have in 2 years...Help!

sickstring69 said:
I've ordered a couple of 603s then realized I need preamps. Have been using art v3's on my nt3 and 4040. I'm not rich (hence the 603's) and I was thinking about a couple of Studio Projects tube blend models. OK? Or any other reasonable choices? I still plan on trying my old mics as room mics etc. using my current art v3's. (I do find these a bit noisy sometimes). Anyway, I record acoustic fingerstyle into an AW16G and have gotten fair results all considered. But still searching for the Magic combo (on a budget!) I'm kind of a newbie with you guys and you're all great...learned more in a week than I have in 2 years...Help!

RNP
Rane DMS 22

Back